We are always looking to grow our dedicated and specialist team of Rail Holiday experts and below you can find the roles we have currently on offer.
To make an enquiry about any of the roles available please call 01347 82 52 92 and we will be happy to discuss the opportunities in more detail.
To apply, please forward your CV with cover letter explaining why you would like to work for Planet Rail to:
Guy Saunders, Planet Rail, Merlin, The Hawk Creative Business Park, The Hawkhills Estate, Easingwold YO61 3FE.
e-mail: email@example.com or call on: 01347 825292
Guy Saunders – Managing Director
Overview of the Role
The Product Executive – A key role with this growing business.
The Product Executive creates tailor-made rail holidays for our customers. The individual is expected to gain knowledge of destinations, hotels, rail networks and ticket types, to become proficient in providing advice and producing customer holiday quotations to tight time scales. Liaising with suppliers for current rates and availability. Liaising with customers regarding their individual requirements to facilitate the sale of Planet Rail tailor-made holidays.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
· Involvement in all aspects of the customer journey – including taking the initial enquiry, producing an accurate costing, preparing an itinerary and quotation for the customer, making the relevant bookings with suppliers.
· Following up unconfirmed customer bookings to close the sale.
· Handing over the completed holiday booking to the administrative team in the approved company manner
· Liaising with customers over the phone and via email
· Liaising with suppliers over the phone and via email
· Handling the day to day administrative tasks relating to completing customer bookings
· Responsibility for improving product knowledge including rail networks, ticket types, key destinations and displaying an active interest in travel trends.
· Using the above to suggest new product ideas for the business.
· Improving business processes and procedures.
· Maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of customer, staff and company information
· Carrying out any other reasonable duties as required
Education and Experience
· Experience within the travel industry or an avid interest in travel is required
· Good IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
· Experience of working as part of a team in a busy office environment
· Experience of prioritising workload and working to strict deadlines
· Experience within a sales or customer service environment would be an advantage
· Educated to at least A level standard or equivalent combined with relevant experience
· Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong numeracy and literacy skills
· Team player yet able to work on initiative
· Excellent organisation and time management skills
· Flexibility and adaptability
Reporting to Senior Management, this is a full-time position of 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday, between the hours of 09.00 and 18.00, occasional weekend work on a rota basis.
Salary commensurate with age and experience.
Planet Rail is an independent, family-run business based in North Yorkshire and specialising in tailor-made holidays by rail to Europe and beyond. The company was established in 2008 and has a strong focus on green travel. This is an ideal opportunity for a bright, confident and ambitious individual to join an expanding company at a key stage in its development.
Planet Rail is a former winner of the Best Train Holiday Company (small) at the British Travel Awards.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends